- I was in my first year of marriage.
- I was in my second year at UBS.
- A was six.
- I was wondering “is this it?”
- I was in my second attempt at blogging, this time I tried blogging about food. I was baking my way through Dorie Greenspan’s Baking.
- I deleted all of the poetry I’d written since 2002. There were several hundred. I honestly believed that because I was married, that it meant that everything was going to be at it’s best for me, that I didn’t need a reminder of all the anger, pain, and angst that accompanied my early adulthood. I believed I would never feel those things again. I kick myself often for deleting all that work. And I blush at my naivety.